Saturday, September 09, 2006

Doomed to fail...I think not.

I met my hubby in 1992...I fell in love...He was everything my parents had ever told me to stay away from...I was 17, he was 22...He already had a daughter...she was just barely over a year old...he like to drink...liked to party...his parents had been divorced since he was 11...his mother was cheating on his father....the night they split up she took Hubby and his sis in the car and they went to a town about 10 miles away and there they met the guy she is now married to....she took all of them to the lake, and the divorce followed...after thier divorce nobody really paid to much attention to hubby...he has told me that he started smoking pot right after thier divorce...he said he would be gone for 3 or 4 days at a time at age 13, with noone ever coming to check on him or look for him...by the time I met him at age 22, he was a very arrogant, loud mouth and somewhat perverted young man...he was the complete opposite of what I had been raised around...my mother drug me to church every Sunday...his mother didn't give a crap where he was...I honestly can't recall even now 14 years later, ever hearing either one of his parents ever say they love him.....ever....I come from a very touchy feely kind of family, even though I'm not....I've never seen his parents give him a hug...I don't know if he blames them for his outlandish behavior, but I do....about 6 months after we started dating I found out he was in trouble...apparently while he was still with his daughter's mother, he had taken to selling pot...I know it's bad, but if you have noone around you to tell you that's not a good idea, what do you expect....well, he got busted...he sold a 1/4 oz. to a "friend" that was wearing a wire....I found out about this as I said about 6 months after we started dating....I found out because he had to do 4 mos. in jail for this offense....Reason #1 my parents hate him....since he had been out of jail as he will tell you "I haven't sold so much a fuckin seed".....and he hasn't...I would not put up with that...We have to much to lose than to risk everything for something that stupid.....But hey, it was a long time ago and people make mistakes....he paid his debt to society right?...not exactly...oh he did his time...and he has not gotten in anymore trouble...however I believe he will be paying for this offense for the rest of his life....here is why I think this...in today's society, nearly every employer will run a background check on a prospective employee....do you know what happens when they run the background check on hubby...they don't hire him, that's what...I know this for a fact...I wish I had a dollar for every interview he has had and not gotten a job simply as a result of a mistake he make 15 years ago...even my own employer Hallmark... last time they were hiring, I went and talked to my supervisor about getting hubby a job...they flat out told me "off the record" that they would not hire him based on this fact...I wish we lived in California...there, any marijuana related offenses are removed from your record after 2 years....in our state it requires a pardon from the govenor...we know we talked to a lawyer....which brings us to the present....hubby did finally find a job...he got his first check Friday...pathetic...he did not make shit...He was not happy...but he knows he has to keep working there until he can find something that pays better...problem is where the hell is he going to go...????....I know there are jobs out there that won't hold this against him, I wish I knew where...Now I know why over half of all people in jail end up going back...I'm not saying we will resort to anything illegal...I'm just saying I know why some people do....I hate the way our society is set up....free country, my ass....anyway, we will dig out of our little hole we are currently in, and we will do it through hard work....and when we do, believe me, I will be standing on my front porch with both middle fingers out...saying fuck all y'all that tried to keep us down...society has already written us off as doomed to fail...Well, I'm here to say BULLSHIT...you just make me want to succeed even more.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know sooo many people that have the same story.. It sucks..Don't let him give up.. : )

6:59 AM  
Blogger blacksheep said...

He is hanging in there...and yes, I know we are not alone...but it still freakin sucks!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home