Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Where's my...Oh crap!

I decided to fix my hubby meatloaf for dinner tonight..His favorite..Which required me to stop off at the local Wal-Mart this morning when I got off work to pick up a few items for this fantastic dinner I am preparing tonight (which is sure to get me laid..He he he).....Anyway, I run in grab my items, pay for them and leave...I then drive the remainder of the 30 minutes I have left of my commute...I pull in the driveway and grab my bags and go to grab my purse and...........Oh shit!!!.....It seems I had left my purse in the shopping cart in the lobby of Wal-Mart....Mind you this is before 7am so the 80 yr. old door greeter was not standing guard as usual....so I am sure by now it is long gone....I immediately turn around and race, and I mean at speeds that would make a Nascar driver proud, back to Wal-Mart....I speed to the customer service counter and lo and behold...There is my purse...I show my I.D. and take my purse to the car and start heading back towards home....My first thought as I was driving home was "Boy hubby's gonna love this one" and then it struck me and I started laughing out loud in the car....It dawned on me just exactly what someone would have gotten if they had of stolen my purse...

  • a debit card that I accidently washed in the washing machine this weekend and machine chewed it up (I haven't made it to the bank yet to get new one)
  • 2 credit cards that we closed the accounts on about 3 months ago
  • a checkbook that is showing a negative balance (it's not really negative, I have a couple of bills that I have not sent off yet, but that way hubby thinks I am broke so we have to spend his money...I am evil)
  • $.24 in my wallet (that's right 24 cents)
  • 2 pieces of gum in the bottom
  • 2 balloons (10 yr. old's)
  • a couple tubes of chapstick
  • and the only thing of value..my cellphone

I'll bet you that someone probably looked in it and saw that there wasn't shit in it....and you know what....I think it's funny, don't get me wrong, I'm glad I found it.....but to think, I was driving a break-neck speeds to retrieve this pathetic assortment of crap

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've described the entire contents of my own sad pathetic purse.. The only thing of value is the purse itself.. It's a Kate Spade... Other than that I have nothing.. : ( How sad we are..

8:28 AM  
Blogger Girl Next Door said...

The only thing I would really miss is the pack of smokes in mine. Yes, I am quitting...but I'd still miss it.

9:33 AM  
Blogger blacksheep said...

jenna-at least you have a nice purse though..mine I got for $7 on the clearance rack..take out the cellphone and the purse is still worth more than the contents in it..sad..
juicy-I had my cigs in the car's cupholder..if they had been in my purse where they usually are, I would not have left the parking lot without noticing my purse was gone..so I can relate

3:36 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

gum? Hmm...

10:01 PM  
Blogger blacksheep said...

Chris-I smoke remember, hence the gum..can't have my breath smell like I've been chewing on a turd, now can I

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home