Thursday, September 07, 2006

What is your malfunction?

In august of this year my birth sister and I (hubby and kids too) went to go and see our birth mother and half brother's for the first time since we were put up for adoption. My sister is pregnant now so our mother paid to fly her out and sent hubby and I a credit card to pay for our drive down...800 miles...now mind you we had not seen her for 29 years...so I know mother felt like she had some making up to do...when we arrived she gave hubby and I the keys to a 97 Lincoln Mark VIII..she knew from our visits on the phone that hubby and I were down to one vehicle...I was floored...I did not expect that, but I greatly appreciated it...for sis, since she is pregnant and single... she got literally everything that sis will need for her new baby...I mean everything...playpen, walker, bouncy seat, swing, sleepers, bottles and yeah I think you get the picture...everything a newborn would need....she also took all of us to the beach...it was the first vacation my children had ever been on...my mother also gave all of her children $250 (sis, half-brother's and I) and gave my children and hubby $100 a piece to spend while we were at the beach....well anyway, sis had so much baby stuff that she could not take it all on the plane with her, so since hubby and I now had an extra car there with us we told sis that we would bring what she could not get home with us and she could come and pick it up at our house...well we have now been home for nearly a month and a half and sis still has not called to talk to our mother...not to say thank you, nothing...that pisses me off....even if she hated the woman (which she says she doesn't) , she could at least call or send a fuckin card or something to say thank you....but here's what has really got me pissed off....sis called me last night to visit...while we were talking I mentioned to her that she needed to come and get her baby stuff out of my garage before something happens to it....the garage is the only open space I have large enough to store all this stuff....beside I have already had to have the kids go and retrieve one of the trash bags full of baby clothes from our burn pile, they thought it was trash....anyway, sis was like "oh yeah, I forgot about that stuff, could you meet me somewhere halfway and I'll get it."....first off, it pisses me off that this is all the more that she cared about all of this baby stuff...I bet there is between $500 and $600 dollars worth of shit here, that does not include the boxes of stuff she took on the plane with her...."oh, I forgot about that"...WTF...then, second thing is she only lives an hour away...would it really fuckin kill her to drive ALL the way to my house...she has not been here since Easter, and that was because our birth father was coming to my house to visit us for the first time....sometimes I wonder how she can be the only true blood sister I have in the world and be so fuckin different than me...I just think when someone does something nice for you, like we did bringing her stuff home with us, the least you could do is come and pick your shit up...and say thank you!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man.. I frickin' hate that.. And no.. It's not too much to ask for your sister to get excited about her baby stuff and drive all the way to your house and visit with her family a bit..

7:09 AM  
Blogger blacksheep said...

my sister has always been very spoiled by her adoptive parents..I think that is way she shows no appreciation..she will get what's coming to her in the end...I am doing my voodoo dance to give her many stretch marks, and I hope she gets fat, and I hope the baby keeps her up all night for at least a couple of weeks..what will she do without her precious sleep...ahh haa hha haa

7:41 AM  
Blogger blacksheep said...

oops..I meant that is why..not that is way

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eww.. Nothing's worse than a baby with colic.. We'll hope that's what she gets.. : )

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home