Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I'm here for you

Four simple little words....I'm here for you. That is what my birth father told me yesterday after I told him about the crappy things that my birth mother and my adoptive family did and have been doing to me.....and you know what?...It helped alot. Just to have someone besides my husband and kids say that...it helped. To have someone say that I didn't do anything to deserve this treatment....it helped. He is going to come up here in a few weeks to visit again....I can't wait. I really like my father. He's not perfect, but he doesn't pretend to be. He doesn't fill my sister or I's ears with what he thinks we want to hear....he is mature enough to know that all we want is the truth, and that is what he gives us.....unlike my birth mother....he admits that he did wrong by us in the past, but he HAS changed since then.....don't get me wrong, I will always respect the fact that my mother gave me life (that doesn't mean I have to like her), however I LOVE my dad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I for one think it's about damn time you got some parental validation.. : )

12:35 AM  
Blogger blacksheep said...

I couldn't agree more..I think what makes is to hard is that I look and my own children and know the love that I feel for them and I just don't understand how parents can act that way....oh well, bring on the karma

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home