Friday, February 16, 2007

New plans

I think I am going though a mid-life crisis of sorts lately. I have been rather unsettled. Some might say that it is just the extreme cold lately and it is just cabin fever.......that's not it. About a week ago, my employer held plant-wide meetings to tell us that they need to cut our department down by approximately 200 people within the next two years. I should still be okay as far as getting laid off or anything. However, this has got me thinking. Do I really want to do the going nowhere, topped out, boring freakin pud job that I am doing now for the rest of my life anyway? I have come the the conclusion that that answer is no, I don't. So now I must look at my options, and I have decided that I want to go back to school. College that is. My employer will pay for it, at least $3,500 of it anyway, and they will reimburse me 50% on my books. So why not. I am thinking Computer Science. Yes, I want to be a computer nerd. I figure I enjoy farting around on a computer so what better job than one where I actually get to do something I enjoy. Not to mention it would be great to make a little more money. Who doesn't want more money thought. Hubby said he will support me. So I am going to do it. I may be 40 fucking years old by the time I graduate but what the hell.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's never too late to go to school... Good luck to you... : )

5:31 AM  
Blogger blacksheep said...

Thanks, I need all the positive reinforcement I can get.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home