Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Are YOU smarter than a 5th grader?

Has anyone seen the advertisements for that new show "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader"....well apparently I am not.....11 yr old (who just happens to be in 5th grade) came home yesterday from school and I was trying to help her with her homework....math to be exact...okay now, when I graduated from high school my worst grade in my entire 13 years of education was a C-....my senior year I had all A's...I was in national honor society.....point is, I was not stupid....granted my worst subject was Math or Algebra to be exact, which brought the C-.....anyhow, 11 yr old is currently doing fractions, and yesterday I realized just how much I had forgotten from my school days....I could not remember how to do them....multiply and divide that is....I was able to figure them out....but it took me a little while and a little researching on the internet to do so....I felt like and idiot...and all I was doing was checking her work that she had already done....so apparently I am NOT smarter that a 5th grader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home