Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Meeting time

Well, I made an appointment for this Thursday evening to go and speak with a student advisor about enrolling is classes starting this summer. I am soooo excited. I like to learn new things and be challenged. The prospect of having a career versus a job is still a little beyond what I can grasp at this point. I know it will make a better life for my family...even if it means that I won't be home as much. One of the things that I am surprised about is the reactions of some people when I tell them that I am going to go back to school. My family is all very supportive, however some of my friends (or I guess I should say so-called friends) have not been near as positive and supportive. It not so much that they say "that's stupid" but more that subtle you're going to college? Okay so I am a little older than the average freshmen, and yes it will take me about 6 years to finally earn my Bachelor's degree. But in my opinion it will be sooo worth it in the end. I think some people just don't want anyone to do (or get anything for that matter) that they can't or won't do themselves. I say fuck you all.
Also, I can't wait until the day when I finally get my degree and then I can call my birth mother and tell her, "Look here, I did it! And I didn't have to get rid of my kids to do so, not that I would ever give up my kids, you would have to kill me first......(you see, if you have been reading my blog, then you would know that my birth mother gave my sister and I up for adoption when I was 2 and my sister was 3. She said it was because she couldn't take care of us anymore. However, the more that I am learning about my birth family from various family member's, the more I think that she just didn't want to be bothered with us anymore.....after all within 3 months of her getting rid of us, she was enrolled full-time in a major local college and married. My youngest older brother came about 3 years later. Amazing isn't it, you couldn't do those things with us but you could with them. I say Fuck you too!
Any how there are many reasons that I want to go back to school, most of them have to do with making a better life for myself and my family but I can't lie and say that I don't want to be able to gloat a little.....but only to certain people.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going to college is good for the brain...You are also showing your daughters that learning is important to you.. People are fucking haters.. No one wants to see anyone do anything they are too scared or too stupid to get off their asses and do.. Fuck 'em.. Congrats.. You'll do well I am sure.. : )

5:36 AM  
Blogger blacksheep said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence...and it's funny, I was just telling hubby yesterday that maybe once the kids see that mom can go back and do it in her 30's then maybe it will influence them to try harder now....I hope.

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home