Sunday, October 08, 2006

Weekend happenings

I talked to my birth mother again this weekend, I was telling her about my dislike for Iodine Contrast (anaphylactic shock) and she told me that my oldest younger brother (did that make sense?) has had the same exact thing happen to him...this is also the same brother that has had sinus surgery (I have as well)....what scares the hell out of me is this, it seems I have inherited most of my health problems from my maternal side of the family....my mother also has problems with chronic bladder infections, but the part that is scaring me the most is that my mother just finished I think 42 weeks of chemotherapy for colon cancer. It was her 3rd round with cancer, and she is only 52, I have also had precancerous polyps removed off my colon 6 years ago. Since then I must go and have a repeat colonoscopy done every 3 years for the rest of my life...the doctor's said I was at a high risk for developing colon cancer....and this was long before I had found my birth family or discovered any of my medical history....even though I complain profusely about said colonoscopy, I now belive my life depends on it.

I cleaned house all freakin day Saturday and I still have about 6 or7 loads of laundry to do and I never made it to cleaning the kids bedrooms which means that next weekend I must tackel thier rooms since my birth father is coming to visit the weekend after next and my house must be clean....okay it doesn't have to be clean, but I will feel alot better once it is

Sunday hubby and I went for a ride on the Harley with a couple of our friends, I did not really want to go but hubby wanted me to so we could spend some time together...isn't that sweet. All I really wanted to do though was work on my laundry and wait for the Chiefs game to come on but once we met up with our friends and started riding I had fun...even though my nose is so freakin stopped up from all the dust blowing around from the damn farmer's out cutting the fields.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home