Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My Family pisses me off

I saw my younger sister this weekend at our local Wal-Mart. She tells me "You really need to call mom and dad, dad is really down." I ask why and she says "They had to put grandma in a nursing home last week." Okay, now tell me if I am acting stupid, but this kinda pisses me off and here is why. Reason #1, mom and dad could have, Oh I don't know maybe called ME and told me this instead of me having to hear from my sister 2 weeks after the fact. But then again should I be surprised. We have been back from visiting my birth mother for the 1st time ever for almost two months now and still no call to see how things went from either mom or dad. This hurts my feelings. I know I could go down there and visit them and find out things that way, but I am sick sick sick of always being the one to have to go there. I don't care how much they hate my hubby. I have children and I can tell you one thing......NO man will ever come between me and my children....no matter what....and especially my grandchildren.

I know that I should feel bad for my dad, but on the other hand I don't think they are putting a whole lot of thought into how they are making me feel....or maybe they just don't care. I will probably go and visit my grandmother this weekend. She is 99 yrs old and I know that if when she is gone I will feel bad for not going to see her more often then what I have....but it will just be for my peace of mind and hers.....not because it is what my parents or sister want me to do...............sooo, tell me, does this make me sound like a huge bitch?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not at all.. You are not bitchy to expect the people you love to put some effort into the relationship..

6:05 AM  
Blogger blacksheep said...

I think you are right but I just think I expect to much out of them...sometimes I wonder if they are actually capeable of showing love toward someone besides themselves... and perhaps my sister...

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home