Friday, September 22, 2006

I love my kids!

10 yr old comes in the bedroom yesterday while I was getting ready for work and tells me "I have a present for you mommy", I asked her what it is and she presents me with a small package that she has all wrapped up in last years x-mas wrapping paper. I smile and take the gift and open it. Inside she has picked out one of her necklaces to give me. A balloon that she has filled with bread crumbs and flour mixed together. She tells me "that's a stress ball."......okay, so I have been a little stressed lately. But the best thing in there was this invitation she had made. It says "You are invited to a sleepover Saturday night." The place, our house. She wrote it will be a night of doing each other's toenails, eating popcorn, watching movies and pillow fights, so make sure and bring your pillow. At the very bottom of this "invitation" she put P.S. mommy will you stop at the store on your way home from work and get movies and popcorn?
Now how can I turn that down. My kids may bicker and fight constantly, but then they go and do something sweet like that. It makes me feel good. All warm and fuzzy inside. So my friends (all 2 or 3 of ya out there) this weekend I have a date with my daughter. And I can't wait!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard.. What a great kid..

6:05 PM  
Blogger blacksheep said...

She is a great kid...most of the time. She is what keeps me going that's for sure.

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home