Thursday, September 14, 2006

I said they could and they did

I posted my last post this morning while I was waiting to leave to go have kidney x-ray....in it I said I knew things could get worse, I just didn't know how....Well I was right things did get worse. I go to the hospital radiology dept to have said test....They take a few slides of my kidneys in their present state then she tell me she is going to introduce an Iodine Contrast so they can track it through my kidneys....Well turns out from shitting myself to death last night, I am now dehydrated. So she calls for someone to come and try to find a vein(I only weigh about 115, so veins are really tiny, hard to find) He comes in and indeed does find a vein and proceeds to start IV to administer Iodine Contrast....While he is doing that he is telling me some of the symptoms of this Iodine Contrast in "normal" people. Metallic taste in your mouth, sometimes a little nausea....But that the worst of it.............No it's not. They introduce the Iodine Contrast and I immediately taste the nasty metallic taste and said nausea...But this was not near the worst of it.....I started getting hot, really fuckin hot (when I got there I was freezing...They keep that fuckin place cold enough to hang meat). I heard the guy that had come in to start the IV ask me if I feel OK, I told him I was hot, he must have then looked at me because the next thing I heard him say was "goddamn her face is as red as beet"....Girl then asks if I'm okay.........No, I'm starting to wheeze (I have asthma but it hasn't bothered me for years now).....Next thing I hear is the girl say "Oh shit, should I call ER....Guy says I think you better, she's going into Anaphylactic Shock......By the time I got to ER, my throat was swelled nearly shut, eyes swelled shut, my heart rate was 162 bpm...Blood pressure was only 50/30 and I was in the midst on the absolute worst asthma attack I have ever had in my life. I could not breath. I truly though I was going to die. This is some scary shit. They gave me about 15 different shots as soon as I got back there....Epinephrine, albuterol, ventolin, just to name a few. Of course they started an IV, which caused another problem...Because they started it right down my arm from where Radiology had thier's, it some how caused the the IV solution to form a knot between the two injection sites that swelled up off my arm about 2 inches. Well anyway, after about an hour and a half in ER I was finally stabilized enough to where they could let me go home. So of course I never could finish the x-ray...Which means that I'm sure there are more fun test's to follow...Dr. in ER said I will probably need a cat scan this time......No more Iodine Contrast for me........suck.......Major fuckin suck

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/severe_allergic_reaction_anaphylactic_shock/article_em.htm

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Shit!! I hope you are feeling okay..

9:58 PM  
Blogger blacksheep said...

Better now, although my poor arm looks like I've been shooting up...there are tracks all over it...it's gross.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home