Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Still sad

Well, I did not make it to my friend's daughter's visitation. Nor did I go to the funeral. I did not find out about the date and time of the visitation until it was to late, and I think unless you were best friends or something with the deceased then the funeral is for family. I feel bad. I should have tried harder to find out the arrangements. I did call my friend on Sunday but I got her machine...I left a message. I also sent a card with $20 in it. My friend is now going to be raising her grandson...I know she could use the money....I wish I could have sent more but I am VERY broke, but I am not going to whine about that now.....Suddenly money does not seem that important as long as I still have my children and my husband. My heart is just breaking for my friend. As a mother myself I can not imagine the pain she is going through. Apparently she was murdered at her father's house while he was at home in bed sleeping. The strange thing is (well at least I think it is strange) her father said he heard the two of the loudly arguing late that night but decided not to get in the middle of it and went on to bed. The following morning he got up and went on to work. He did not even go into her room to check and see if everything was alright. Not that that would have changed anything, by then they were both long gone in one way or another. I know this kind of thing happens all the time......but let me tell you, it is a lot different when you personally know the people involved. So everyone help me say a prayer for my friend and her grandson who is now going to grow up without his mother OR father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home