Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Crunch time

I had to go in to work early tonight for overtime, when I was able to take a break and check my messages I discovered one from my birth father and one from my birth sister. My birth father is now coming to visit THIS weekend instead of next weekend apparently. He called to make sure that it was okay. My sister's message was much along the same lines. My sister did say that she would finally get all of her baby shit I hauled back from Tennessee for her. She also said she was thinking about spending the night Saturday. I have already called hubby to warn him....Be nice to my sister. My sister drives hubby nuts, and in his defense my sister is quite selfish and materialistic. I'm sure that will subside a little in about 2 months when she has her baby......Now I am in panic mode though because I don't know what the hell I am going to feed everyone. I bought a turkey to fix on Saturday and I am thinking about a big pot of homemade chicken and noodles for Friday night....I could probably do lunch meat and chips for a light lunch before turkey on Saturday.....But what to do about Sunday.......And my house, ohhh my house....I have slacked off a little this past weekend which means that now I have got to clean the kids bedrooms, make sure their sheets and crap are washed in case my sister does spend the night Saturday, not to mention the now 8 or 9 loads of laundry I will have to do before they get here, and all of this on top of working 12 hours a day this week.
I am looking forward to seeing my dad...This will only be the second time I have seen him....We talk almost every weekend on the phone, but he lives 8 hours away so we can't exactly visit each other all the time you know.....But I give him one hell of a lot of credit for coming.....My adoptive parents only live about 20 minutes away and they have not been to my house in almost 2 years and I have not talked to them since June.....fucking sad parents they are.........The thing is I know that they are the ones missing out on seeing their daughter and their ONLY granddaughter grow up....So why do I feel so fucking guilty?????

1 Comments:

Blogger blacksheep said...

yeah, I agree...maternal instinct is not something all women are born with, that's for fuckin sure...but I can say, If I have learned nothing else from my situation I have learned to value my "family" (husband, kids, and birth parents, I say birth parents because they are the one that are actually acting like parents now) I am sooo grateful to have them right now, it gives me at least some sort of peace to know that they still care and want to do the things now that they could not do then. I am lucky in so many ways...I try to focus on that instead of the negatives with adoptive parents...

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home